How do I clean and care for my ChiliPad System?
Recommendations for keeping your Chili Technology system running efficiently for years of great sleep:
Cleaning Tips for Control Unit
- Periodically remove and clean dust screen at the intake vent under the handle for the CP-100 model.
- Use can of compressed air (or similar) to blow through the vents (under the handle on the CP-100 Model) removing dust and debris.
Using Hydrogen Peroxide to Clean Your Control Unit
- Periodically add one cap full of hydrogen peroxide into the reservoir to keep the circulation system clean.
- Procedure: Set temperature to 75 degrees F. Remove the reservoir cap and add the Hydrogen Peroxide. LEAVE THE RESERVIOR CAP OFF. The hydrogen peroxide will react with the dirt or other foreign particles to clean the system. Once the reaction has stopped (bubbles no longer form), replace the cap, reset the temperature to your desired sleep temperature and enjoy.
- IMPORTANT: If you have added any other substance to your water reservoir previously, please flush the system before adding hydrogen peroxide.
How Do I Wash/Clean My Pad?
- The mattress pads are machine washable on a front-load washing machine. Please secure the extension tail with a rubber band or other means to minimize the risk of it flailing in the spin cycle; this will help to ensure not causing any integrity issues to the male connector in the washing process. After securing the tail, just put your washing machine a gentle cycle (cold water only, we recommend adding a little bit of OxyClean)
- Dry on a delicate cycle or air dry (again, no heat).
- We recommend that you wash your pad with the same frequency as your Control Unit.
- Ensure there is ample space around the Control Unit for ventilation. The Control Unit utilizes fresh air as a coolant, so sufficient ventilation is necessary for optimal performance and lifespan of your ChiliPad system. Clearance of 24 inches on all sides is recommended.
- Frequently inspect the connection tubes to ensure there are no kinks or restrictions that may prevent free flow of the water through your system.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service with questions or concerns regarding your Chili Technology products.
Failure to care for and perform routine cleaning and maintenance may void warranty.
Customer Service 1-877-235-6271 firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday EST
Have more questions? Submit a Request