How do I clean and care for my Chili Control Unit?
Recommendations for keeping your Kryo Inc. system running efficiently for years of great sleep:
Use our chiliPAD Cleaning Solution in your cube/control unit. One time per month, add one packet of the chiliPAD cleaning solution to your Cube/control unit. You can purchase packets of the solution at chilitechnology.com/collections/all. It's easy + quick.
- Empty your cube/control unit
- Fill it with clean, distilled water
- Pour in the chiliPAD cleaning solution
- Connect your cube/control unit to pad and run it on "HI" for 1 hour
- Drain the water mixture from the cube/control unit
- Refill with distilled water + run like normal
- Periodically remove and clean dust screen at the intake vent under the handle (for PLS Control Units ONLY)
- For all units you can use a can of compressed air to blow in around side vents. (For the PLS control you can blow the top vent as well)
How Do I Wash/Clean My Pad?
- The mattress pads are machine washable on a front load washing machine. Please secure the extension tail with a rubber band or other means to minimize the risk of it flailing in the spin cycle and causing damage to the male connector. After securing the tail put your washing machine on a gentle cycle and cold water only. Dry on a delicate no heat cycle or air dry.
- Ensure there is ample space around the Control Unit/Cube for ventilation. The Control Unit/Cube utilizes fresh air to cool the electronics, so sufficient air is necessary for optimal performance and long life of your system. Clearance of 24 inches on all sides is recommended. *** Do Not put your control unit under your bed unless using bed risers*** as this can restrict the airflow to the unit.
- Frequently inspect the connection tubes to ensure there are no kinks or restrictions that may prevent the free flow of the water through your system.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service staff with questions or concerns regarding your Kryo, Inc. products.
Failure to care for and perform routine clean and maintenance will void your warranty.
8:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday- Friday EST
Have more questions? Submit a Request