How do I clean and care for my Chili Control Unit?
Recommendations for keeping your Kryo, Inc. system running efficiently for years of great sleep:
- Periodically (once a month) add one cap full of hydrogen peroxide into the reservoir to keep the circulation system clean. Procedure: Set temperature to 75 degrees F. Remove the water reservoir cap and add the Hydrogen Peroxide. LEAVE THE WATER RESERVOIR CAP OFF. The Hydrogen Peroxide will react with the dirt or other foreign particles to clean the system. Once the reaction has stopped (bubbles no longer form), replace the cap, reset the temperature to your desired sleep temperature and enjoy.
- Periodically remove and clean dust screen at the intake vent under the handle (for PLS Control Units ONLY)
- For all units you can use a can of compressed air to blow in around side vents. (For the PLS control you can blow the top vent as well)
How Do I Wash/Clean My Pad?
- The mattress pads are machine washable on a front load washing machine. Please secure the extension tail with a rubber band or other means to minimize the risk of it flailing in the spin cycle and causing damage to the male connector. After securing the tail put your washing machine on a gentle cycle and cold water only. Dry on a delicate no heat cycle or air dry.
- Insure there is ample space around the Control Unit/Cube for ventilation. The Control Unit/Cube utilizes fresh air to cool the electronics, so sufficient air is necessary for optimal performance and long life of your system. Clearance of 24 inches on all sides is recommended. *** Do Not put your control unit under your bed*** as this will significantly restrict the airflow to the unit.
- Frequently inspect the connection tubes to insure there are no kinks or restrictions that may prevent free flow of the water through your system.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service staff with questions or concerns regarding your Kryo, Inc. products.
Failure to care for and perform routine clean and maintenance will void your warranty.
Customer Service: 1-877-235-6271 email@example.com
8:00 am- 5:00 pm Monday- Friday EST
Have more questions? Submit a Request